INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 pound chicken breasts or small thighs kosher salt and pepper 1 Meyer lemon, sliced 2 tablespoons butter 1 clove garlic, minced or grated 1 cup orzo pasta 1/3 cup white wine 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth 1/2 a bunch kale, roughly torn zest + juice of 1 lemon 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill INSTRUCTIONS […]
INGREDIENTS 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed 1 1/2 cups almonds, lightly toasted 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 teaspoon almond extract 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 4 large apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, […]
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 28-ounce cans roasted tomatoes (or 3 pounds of tomatoes, halved and roasted at 425 degrees for 30 minutes)
- 1-2 roasted red bell peppers (either from the jar and drained, or halved and season with salt, pepper and a few teaspoons of olive oil and roasted in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes)
- 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 baguette, sliced into triangles
- Butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound grated Gruyere
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add diced onions and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 20 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until mixture is slightly thickened and pale gold, about 3 minutes; do not allow to brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their juices, red bell peppers, chicken broth, salt, red pepper flakes, thyme and pepper. Raise heat to medium until the liquid bubbles, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently.
- Stir in heavy cream (if using) and basil. Remove from heat and purée using a hand blender, or allow to cool until no longer steaming and purée in batches in a stand blender. Return to medium heat just until heated through.
- Once the soup is done, preheat the broiler. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Slather the top with butter and sprinkle with garlic. Top the bread with the Gruyere and broil until bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
INGREDIENTS One 4-pound whole chicken 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for potatoes 1 tablespoon dried oregano 1 tablespoon dried thyme 1 lemon, juiced and zested 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 heads garlic, sliced in half 2 lemons, […]
INGREDIENTS 1/2 pound pancetta, cut into small dice 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes 1 pound fresh peas (or frozen peas that you’ve let thaw) 1 lemon, zested INSTRUCTIONS If using fresh peas, bring a medium pot of water to […]
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 400°F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish or large oven proof skillet with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a mandoline, cut the potatoes into slices, 1/8 inch thick. Arrange the potato slices, slightly overlapping, on the bottom of the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until starting to caramelize, about 6-7 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes, making sure to stir to prevent sticking. Stir in 3/4 cup of the gruyere cheese and all of the parmesan and cook until melted. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mixture evenly on top of the potatoes and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Gruyere cheese evenly on top. Bake until the mixture is golden brown and bubbly and the potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Let the gratin rest for about 15 minutes. Garnish with thyme and serve immediately.
INGREDIENTS 4 cups sliced and peeled apples 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 2 cups white sugar 3/4 cup coconut oil 2 eggs 2 teaspoons vanilla 2 cups all purpose flour 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground cloves INSTRUCTIONS To […]
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips, divided
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the cranberries and half of the mini chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 12-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti again, for 15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the white chocolate and let chocolate cool and set.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over the white chocolate to decorate.
INGREDIENTS 3 chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces ½ onion, sliced 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets 8 oz can of sliced water chestnuts, drained 1 cup cashews 1 pinch red pepper flakes Green onions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional!) For the […]