INGREDIENTS 1 1/4 lbs (450g) sirloin steak cut into small cubes 4 medium zucchini, spiralized (or a pack of store-bought Zucchini Noodles) 1 tablespoon olive oil 3 tablespoons butter, divided 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1/4 cup (60ml) beef or vegetable broth 1 tablespoon minced parsley […]
INGREDIENTS 6 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼” slices salt and pepper 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup shredded monterey cheese 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled 2 cups milk 2 large eggs fresh or dried parsley, to garnish (optional) INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter […]
For the Blueberry Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
For the Buttermilk Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Oat Crumble Topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- For the blueberry cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a standard 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with flour. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour and buttermilk, alternating each, until all incorporated. Finally beat in the lemon zest before turning the mixer off. Use a spoon the stir in half the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the top. Bake for 60-80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before flipping out onto a cooling rack. DO NOT try flipping the cake any earlier than 20 minutes, or the cake will stick. Promise! Waiting 30+ minutes is safer.
- Once the cake is cooling on the rack, mix the oat crumble. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and pinch with your fingers to blend the ingredients and break into small pieces. Sprinkle the mixture over a baking sheet and bake in the heated oven for 5-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet before proceeding.
- For the glaze, whisk the buttermilk and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and immediately sprinkle the oat crumble over the top of the cake before the glaze dries.
INGREDIENTS 3/4 cup coconut flour 2 cups smooth peanut butter can use any nut or seed butter 1/2 cup sticky sweetener of choice I used monk fruit sweetened maple syrup INSTRUCTIONS Line a large plate or tray with parchment paper and set aside In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, add your peanut butter […]
- 300 g/10oz spaghetti
- 2 tbsp / 30g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- ½ onion , finely chopped
- 1 cup / 250 ml tomato passata / tomato puree (Note 1)
- 3/4 cup / 185 ml heavy / thickened cream (Note 2 for subs)
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml milk , low fat
- 3/4 cup / 30g parmesan , finely freshly grated (Note 3)
- 1 tsp dried basil, or other herb of choice
- 1 tsp chicken or vegetable stock powder , or 1 bouillon cube, crumbled (Note 4)
- Finely ground pepper + salt
Cook pasta in a big pot of boiling water for time per packet MINUS 2 minutes. Just before draining, scoop out a mugful of pasta cooking water.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent – about 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients. Stir until parmesan is melted. Turn heat up slightly and simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
Add pasta. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and is clinging to pasta instead of swimming on the base of the skillet (video shows this well). Use reserved pasta cooking water if required to thin the sauce out if it gets too thick.
Serve immediately, garnished with more parmesan and parsley if desired.
INGREDIENTS Topping 1 cup (175g) brown sugar , loosely packed (Note 1) 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder , unsweetened (Note 2) 1 1/4 cups boiling water Batter 1 cup plain flour (all purpose flour) (150g) 2 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/3 cup (110 g) caster sugar (ordinary white sugar ok) 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder , unsweetened (Note 2) Pinch of […]
INGREDIENTS Breadcrumb 1 3/4 cups panko breadcrumbs (Note 1) Oil spray Batter 1 egg 1 tbsp mayonnaise 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard (or other mustard) 2 tbsp flour 1/2 tsp salt Black pepper Chicken 500 g/1 lb chicken tenderloins (or breast cut into 2/3″ / 1.5cm thick slices, lengthwise) Oil spray INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 200C/390F. Spread panko on a […]
- 1 tbsp / 15g butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream (or 1 ½ tbsp milk) (Note 1)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated cheese (any melting cheese, I usually use cheddar)
- 1 tbsp / 15g butter or olive oil
- 150 g/5oz mushrooms , sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- Pinch of fresh thyme leaves and finely chopped parsley (optional)
Mushroom Filling: Melt butter in a medium or small non stick skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until starting to go golden on the edges – about 1 ½ minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, cook until golden – about 1 ½ minutes. Remove from skillet.
Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
Cool skillet and lower heat to medium.
Add butter, then when it foams, add egg. Immediately give it a few stirs (as though you’re making scrambled eggs) then when the base just starts to set, spread it all out to cover the base (see video).
Wait 20 – 30 seconds, then use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge, tilt pan to make the egg run off the surface under the omelette. Repeat 2 or 3 times around the edges of the omelette.
Sprinkle half the omelette with some of the cheese, top with mushrooms, sprinkle with thyme and parsley, top with remaining cheese.
Cover with lid and cook for 30 seconds or until the underside is light golden and top is just set – cheese won’t melt.
Fold omelette in half to cover mushrooms, transfer to serving plate immediately – residual heat will melt cheese.
INGREDIENTS 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil 1 Yellow Pepper (diced in 1/2 inch squares) 1 Red Pepper (diced in 1/2 inch squares) 1 Orange Pepper (diced in 1/2 inch squares) 1 1/2 lbs Red Potatoes 14oz Chicken Sausage (sliced 1/2 inch thick) Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder […]