INGREDIENTS 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or white whole wheat flour, or spelt flour, or all-purpose) 1/3 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (the fresh kind, not the powdered type) 1/2 tsp black pepper 2 tsp paprika (or garlic powder, whatever your preference) 2-3 […]
INGREDIENTS 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears 2 – 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Place asparagus […]
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar use honey for paleo
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil (any type) and onions. Cook onions down for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Next, add the sauce to the skillet and cook for about 1 minute then add the spiralized zucchini noodles and cook just for 1-2 minutes or until fully coated with sauce. Serve immediately!
INGREDIENTS 9 oz 65% Cacao bittersweet baking chocolate chips, melted 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter 2 tablespoons coconut oil, unrefined 4 tablespoons strawberry chia jam Strawberry Chia Jam 2 cups frozen strawberries 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or […]
INGREDIENTS 1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner 1/2 lb. Mexican chorizo, cooked, drained 1/4 cup chopped green peppers 1/4 cup chopped onions INSTRUCTIONS Prepare Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cook 3 to 5 min. […]
- 1 lemon
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons drained capers
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Cut lemon in half. Juice half of it, and cut the remaining half into thin slices. Cut chicken breasts into 8 thin cutlets.
- Whisk flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish or pie plate. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture, turning to coat. Discard 2 teaspoons dredging flour and reserve the rest to thicken the sauce in step 5.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until the bottom is browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking until browned on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside on a plate. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil and the remaining 4 pieces of dredged chicken, adjusting the heat to medium-low to prevent the chicken from burning. Transfer the second batch of chicken to the plate.
- Wipe out skillet with a clean paper towel. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and place the skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often until soft and browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown, 30 to 90 seconds.
- Sprinkle the remaining dredging flour over the onion mixture and stir to coat. Stir in broth, white wine, capers, the lemon slices and the lemon juice, increase heat to high and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices from the plate to the skillet and turn to coat in the sauce. Bring to a simmer while turning the chicken in the sauce until the sauce is thickened, and the chicken is completely cooked through and hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in parsley, remove from the heat and serve.
INGREDIENTS 2.5 kg/ 5 lb boneless skin on pork shoulder, unscored (Note 1 & 5) 2 1/2 tsp salt , separated 1 1/4 tsp black pepper , separated 2 tsp fennel seeds (or other herb/spice of choice) 1 tbsp+ 1 tsp olive oil 2 garlic bulbs , halved horizontally 1 onion , quartered (brown, white, red) 2cups/ 500 ml dry white wine […]
INGREDIENTS 3.5 oz / 100g unsalted butter , cut into a few pieces 1 cup crushed Graham crackers or other plain sweet biscuits (Note 1) 1 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened) 1 cup chopped nuts of choice (I used pecans, peanuts, almonds and pistachios) 1 1/2 cups (8 oz / 250g) chocolate chips (US – semi sweet will work […]
- 1 1/4 cups canned Apple Pie Filling (increase to 1 3/4 cups if using US refrigerated pie crust) (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp sugar (your choice – white, brown, raw) (Note 2)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry (25cm/10″ square) (do not thaw) OR 14 oz refrigerated pie crust (Note 1)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar granules (or ordinary sugar) (optional – for sprinkling)
- Oil spray
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (not whipped)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Place Apple Pie Filling, sugar and cinnamon in the food processor and whizz until smooth.
Working quickly so the pastry does not defrost, place one sheet of pastry on a cutting board or other flat surface. Spread the filling over the pastry, leaving a thin border. Place the other sheet on top. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar granules (if using) then place the pastry in the freezer for at least 1 hour (Note 3).
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Spray large baking tray with oil (or 2 small ones).
Remove pastry from the freezer. Let it defrost for 5 to 10 minutes, until the pastry is softened – it doesn’t need to thaw completely but it can’t be frozen stiff otherwise it will crack when you cut it. DO NOT let the pie filling defrost!
Use a large knife to cut it into “fries”. I cut mine into 12 strips vertically (2cm / 4/5″ wide) then 3 horizontally (8cm/3″ long) to make 36 fries.
Carefully transfer to baking tray and set them aside to come to room temperature while the oven heats up.
Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until golden brown on top. (Note 4)
Remove from oven, let it rest for 5 minutes then transfer to cooking rack.
Serve with Salted Caramel Sauce.
Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Swirl the pan to help the sugar dissolve easily but do not stir. Let it come to a rapid simmer and cook for around 3 to 4 minutes until it turns a light golden brown.
Remove from heat and CAREFULLY and slowly pour the cream in (it will bubble and froth slightly pour slowly). Whisk to combine. Then add the salt and butter and whisk again.
Serve with Apple Pie Fries.
INGREDIENTS 1 rasher of bacon , rind removed, diced (50g / 1.5 oz) 1/4 onion , finely diced (brown, white or yellow) 1 tsp oil 6 slices white sandwich bread (fresh) 2 regular size eggs (or 3 small) 2/3 cup milk 1/3 cup cheese , grated (tasty, gruyere, cheddar – any good melting cheese) 2 tsp parsley , finely chopped Salt and pepper Oil […]