Ingredients BASE: 225 g / 8 oz plain sweet biscuits, about 2 cups (packed) crushed(Arnott’s Marie Crackers, Graham Crackers, Note 1 for Digestives) 150 g / 5 oz unsalted butter , melted (Note 1 for Digestives) CARAMEL: 100 g / 7 tbsp unsalted butter 1 cup / 200g (packed) brown […]
INGREDIENTS BASE: 150 g / 5 oz Arnott’s Marie Biscuits (17 crackers), or digestives, Graham Crackers or other plain sweet biscuit 100 g / 3.5 oz unsalted butter , melted 2 tbsp white sugar MANGO: 700 g / 1.4 lb mango flesh (2 large mangoes) (Note 1) FILLING: 4 1/2 tsp gelatin powder (Note 2) […]
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce (Note 1)
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar (aka rice wine vinegar, or use cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (toasted)
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil (or canola or any other neutral flavored oil)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger , grated or very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups Chinese cabbage (Nappa Cabbage), finely shredded (Note 2)
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage , finely shredded
- 1 cup carrot , finely julienned (see video)
- 2 cups chicken , shredded
- 1/2 cup shallots / scallions , finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 to 1 cup crunchy noodles (I use Chang’s) (Note 3)
- 1 – 2 tsp sesame seeds
Combine the Dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Set aside for 10 minutes or so for the flavours to meld.
Place the Salad ingredients together in a large bowl along with half the crunchy noodles. Drizzle over dressing then toss. (Note 4)
Divide between serving bowls. Top with more crunchy noodles and a good sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately!
Ingrédients 10 lb / 5kg whole turkey , thawed (plain not pre brined) (Note 1) DRY BRINE RUB: 2.5 tbsp salt (Note 2) 2 tsp dried thyme , or other herb of choice 1 tsp paprika , sweet or ordinary 1 tsp garlic powder (optional) 1/2 tsp black pepper FOR ROASTING 150g / 10 tbsp unsalted butter , melted 1 tbsp (in total) sage, rosemary […]
Ingredients FLAVOURINGS 4 oz / 120 g bacon chopped (I used lean bacon) 1/2 cup scallions / shallotschopped 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or any other flavoured melting cheese DRY INGREDIENTS 1 1/4 cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp baking soda WET INGREDIENTS 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tsp white vinegar OR 1/2 cup buttermilk 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup sour […]
- 1 pound (500 g) ground Italian sausage (or ground chicken, turkey or beef), browned*
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon beef bouillon powder (or chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups beef broth (or chicken or vegetable broth — I use low sodium)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed and dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 36 ounces evaporated milk or half and half
- 12 ounce packet three cheese tortellini (I used dried not fresh; choose any flavour you like)
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup milk
- Place the browned sausage, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, beef bouillon powder, salt, and broth in a 6-quart / litre slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Uncover and skim any fat that is sitting on the top of the soup with a spoon; discard. Stir in the cornstarch mixture with the evaporated milk (or half and half or cream). Add the tortellini and mix well. Cover again and cook on HIGH heat setting for a further 45 minutes until the soup has thickened, and the tortellini is soft and cooked through.
- Add in the spinach, pressing the leaves down to completely submerse into the liquid. Cover again for a further 5-10 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Pour in milk in 1/3 cup increments, as needed, to reach your desired thickness and consistency (I needed 1 cup); taste test and season with extra salt ONLY if needed, and pepper to suit your tastes.
- Serve with crusty warmed bread
INGREDIENTS 1 pound dried short pasta, such as macaroni 1 1/2 cups whole or 2% milk, divided 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 to 3 cups shredded cheese, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon powdered mustard Optional extras (cook before adding): ham, bacon, onions, peas, mushrooms, […]
INGREDIENTS 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened 36 Golden OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups) 3 Tablespoons molasses 2 teaspoons ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 16 ounces white chocolate or white candy coating, melted Decorative sprinkles INSTRUCTIONS MIX cream cheese and cookie […]
- 3 small or 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute and then add ground turkey. Use a wooden spoon to break apart meat and continue cooking approximately 8 minutes until browned.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
- Add onion and bell pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add diced sweet potato and water. Stir and cover with a lid for approximately 6-8 minutes until the sweet potatoes soften. Add additional water during this process if needed to keep the meat from drying out.
- Remove lid and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Top with shredded mozzarella and allow it to melt. Remove skillet from heat and garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
INGREDIENTS 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves 5 pound Boneless Prime Rib Roast INSTRUCTIONS Begin preparing the roast the day before cooking by mixing 2 tablespoons freshly […]