INGREDIENTS 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 (12 oz.) bag stir-fry vegetables (Can be found in the […]
INGREDIENTS 2 pounds peas, thawed ½ cup red onion, chopped 1½ cup cheddar cheese, cubed 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped 3 Tablespoons parsley, chopped ½ cup sour cream 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar 1 Tablespoon sugar INSTRUCTIONS In a large bowl add […]
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, I used red and yellow, halved
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large lemons (1/4 cup lemon juice, ½ teaspoon lemon zest)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet, toast the almonds by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat and stirring until lightly fragrant watching them carefully to not burn them.
- Remove the stems from the brussels and then halve and thinly slice them. Fluff the sprouts and place in a large bowl. Add in the carrots and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, garlic, about ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste) in a mason jar. Shake to combine. Pour over the salad.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Let the salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (or up to an hour in the fridge) to allow the flavors to mesh and the brussels to soften.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve at room temperature, adding the almonds right before serving. Best enjoyed the same day.
INGREDIENTS 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined 14-ounce pork or chicken sausage, sliced 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced 2 medium-sized yellow squash, sliced ½ bunch asparagus, sliced into thirds 2 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks Salt and Pepper 2 Tablespoons olive oil 2 Tablespoons […]
INGREDIENTS 1 lb jumbo shrimp — peeled and devained 1/4 cup blacken seasoning 2 tbs olive oil INSTRUCTIONS Toss shrimp and blacken seasoning in a large mixing bowl until shrimp are fully coated. Add olive oil to a 10” cast iron skillet or non-stick pan and heat on […]
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 larger garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (remove seeds for less spice)
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasonings (I usually add extra cumin and chili pepper)
- cheese and cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place full spaghetti squash in the oven on a baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Loosen up the rest of the ‘spaghetti’ with a fork.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Throw in the onion and garlic, cooking until slightly browned.
- Add in the red pepper and jalapeño pepper, cooking for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the corn and beans.
- In a separate pan, cook the ground turkey until completely cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the taco seasonings and spices, and then add to the cooked vegetable and pepper mix.
- Scoop the veggie/turkey mixture into each squash boat and top with cheese (optional). Place in the oven on low broil for 2-4 minutes until slightly browned. Top with cilantro, sour cream, salsa, or your favorite toppings!
INGREDIENTS Bars: 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened 2/3 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup light brown sugar 1 egg 1 egg yolk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 tablespoons sour cream 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon cream of tartar 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Frosting: 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened 3 cups powdered sugar sifted 2 tablespoons half and half or cream 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 1/2 teaspoons ground […]
INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp unsweetened cashew butteralmond butter or peanut butter 1 tbsp butter 2 tbsp almond flourI used Bob’s Red Mill 1/8 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk 1 egg beaten INSTRUCTIONS Spray the ramekin you are using with olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil spray. Add the almond butter and butter to […]
- 3 cup fresh or frozen peaches, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 3 cups Prosecco, Champagne or other sparkling wine
- Add the peaches, sugar, and the ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add wine and pulse until full incorporated.
- Divide into glasses and top with a peach slice. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS 6 cups chicken stock 1 large anaheim pepper, seeded and diced ¾ cup white onion, diced juice of 1 lime (about 1½-2 tablespoons) 5 teaspoons minced garlic 1 tablespoon chili powder ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper ½ teaspoon cumin 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast […]