- 1 cup quick cooking rice basmati, quick cooking, or minute rice
- 1 pound shrimp deveined, shell off
- 1/4 cup onion minced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated, optional
Rinse the rice thoroughly with water to remove any excess starch. Soak the rice with plenty of water for 5-10 minutes.
Heat a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onion. Sautee onion for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden.
Add the garlic, shrimp, and spices. Sautee for 1 minute or until the shrimp begins to turn pink. Add the rice (fully drained) and water. When it starts boiling, cover and lower the heat to low.
Cook for 10-12 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and has absorbed all the water. After 10 minutes, take the lid off. If there is any excess water, allow it to boil off. Fluff with a fork. Top with a drizzle of parmesan if desired!