- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 bok choy, greens chopped (about 2 cups worth)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce or tamari
- rice vinegar
- furikake seasoning
- fresh chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. Stir in the onion, carrots, salt and pepper, cooking until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic, cooking until the mushrooms just soften, about 3 more minutes. Add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and bok choy, simmering for 10 more minutes. Right before serving, toss in the green onions.
- Serve with toppings of cilantro, toasted sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar and furikake seasoning.