- 4tablespoons butter
- 4boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4shallots, chopped fine
- 1⁄2lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4cup dry marsala
- 1⁄2cup heavy cream
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts to even out thickness and lightly salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 T melted butter until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in pan and add shallots and mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add Marsala and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add cream and lemon juice and return to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan for about 3 minutes to reheat and finish cooking.