Apple and pork meatballs recipe
- 500g pack 12% fat pork mince
- 1½ Gala apples, cored and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5g fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tomato passata
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the mince, apples, garlic, most of the sage, the nutmeg and flour in a bowl. Season and mix well. Divide into 16 and roll into balls. Place in an oiled baking dish and brush the tops with olive oil. Roast for 15 mins, then pour over the passata. Roast for another 10-15 mins until cookedthrough. If the sauce is too dry, stir through a little water.
- Divide the meatballs between 4 plates; scatter with the remaining sage. Delicious served with mash and red cabbage, if you like.