INGREDIENTS 2 pounds peas, thawed ½ cup red onion, chopped 1½ cup cheddar cheese, cubed 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped 3 Tablespoons parsley, chopped ½ cup sour cream 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar 1 Tablespoon sugar INSTRUCTIONS In a large bowl add […]
Author: Healthy Recipes
INGREDIENTS 2 slices thick cut bacon, diced 1 medium onion, diced 1 stalk celery, sliced 1 teaspoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon dried thyme ¼ teaspoon black pepper 3 cups low sodium chicken broth 4 medium potatoes, diced 3 cups fresh or frozen […]
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1 bunch green onions, minced white and light green parts only
- 2 tsp sea salt
- In a small bowl mix together garlic, brown sugar, olive oil, worcestershire, soy sauce, dijon, green onions and salt.
- On a clean surface lay out two large pieces of Reynolds Kitchens Quick Cut plastic wrap slide by side, with 2 inches overlapping. This creates and extra large rectangle.
- Pat steak dry using a paper towel and set in center of prepared plastic wrap surface. Pour marinade mixture over the steak and pull the sides of the plastic together until steak and marinade are tightly sealed. If needed use an extra piece of plastic wrap to seal up any loose ends. Set in refrigerated for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat for 20 minutes. Remove plastic and set prepared steak directly on grill. Allow to cook without turning for 3 minutes. Flip and cook other side for another 3 minutes. Continue flipping back and forth until steak reaches desired doneness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slices.
INGREDIENTS 8 ounces of bacon, chopped 1 small white onion, chopped 1 cup frozen peas and carrots 3 eggs, lightly beaten 3 cups cooked white rice 2 teaspoons sesame oil 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste) green onions, chopped for garnish INSTRUCTIONS Add your chopped […]
INGREDIENTS .5 pounds dried Egg Noodles 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil 8 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped 2 cups Button Mushrooms, halved 3 tablespoons Soy sauce ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar 2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Oil ½ cup finely […]
- ½ cup red quinoa + 1 cup water
- 6-8 large leaves regular kale
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 lemon, optional
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- Store-bought Balsamic Salad Dressing (I like Marzetti’s for this recipe!)
- Combine the quinoa and water with a pinch of salt in a small pot. Follow package directions to cook the quinoa. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
- Remove the coarse stems and discard. Take the kale leaves and finely ribbon the kale to have very thin and small pieces of kale. Place in a colander and wash well.
- Place the coarse sea salt on top of the kale and a few squeezes of fresh lemon.
- Massage and rub the kale with your hands for 1-2 minutes or until tender and a deeper green color. Rinse again and dry. Toss the cooled quinoa with the dry massaged kale.
- Rinse and dry the fruit. Remove the stems of the strawberries and slice or chop. Add to kale + quinoa mixture. Add in the whole blackberries and raspberries. Slice the grapes in half and add those. Add in the dried blueberries and chopped pistachios. Crumble the feta cheese over it all.
- Gently toss together all the salad ingredients. Add the dressing, toss, and then add more dressing as needed. Enjoy immediately.
INGREDIENTS 1½ pounds flank steak, sliced thin ¼ cup cornstarch 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil ½ cup low sodium soy sauce ½ cup brown sugar ¼ cup water 1 teaspoon minced ginger 3 garlic cloves, minced pinch of red pepper flakes green onions, sliced for garnish […]
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine chili powder, paprika, and garlic powder in a bowl. Roll each chicken piece into the spices and wrap in bacon. Place in a 10 inch skillet or a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken reads 165 degrees and is no longer pink. I like to broil the tops of my chicken for 1-2 minutes to crisp the bacon at the end.
INGREDIENTS 23 oz (650g) red skin potatoes 3/4 cup (75g) Cheddar cheese, grated 2 spring onions, chopped 1 tsp (5g) salt 1/2 tsp (1g) black ground pepper olive oil to drizzle on top INSTRUCTIONS Scrub well the potatoes and boil with their skin on until tender. Remove from water and […]