INGREDIENTS Chilli Paste (Note 1) 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce 1 tbsp minced chili from jar or paste , or more Sriracha 1 tbsp vegetable oil (any plain oil) 1/2 tsp sugar 1 1/2 tsp Laksa paste (Note 4) 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce 1/2 garlic clove , minced Chicken Stock 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock / broth 1 cup (250 ml) water 2 large […]
Author: Healthy Recipes
INGREDIENTS Spices: 2 tsp EACH cumin powder , coriander, paprika 1 tsp cardamon powder (can omit if you don’t have) ¼ tsp cinnamon powder ½ tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste) 1/2 tsp black pepper 1 tsp salt Soup: 2 tbsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves , minced 1 onion , finely chopped 500 g / 1 lb lamb mince (ground lamb, or beef) (Note 1) 2 tbsp tomato paste […]
- 1/2 large or 1 small bunch Chinese broccoli (gai lan/kai lan)
- 1/2 tsp corn flour / corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (or canola or peanut)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , minced or julienned
Trim the ends of the Chinese broccoli, rinse under tap, shake off excess water than wrap in cling wrap.
Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes – check if cooked but still firm. If it needs more cooking, do it in 30 second bursts. Once cooked, remove from cling wrap immediately, otherwise it will keep steaming. Be careful when unwrapping it as it is hot!
Stack the Chinese broccoli together and cut into 4″/10cm lengths and stack on top of each other.
Combine water and corn flour in small pot, mix to dissolve. Then add remaining ingredients, bring to boil on stove, boil for 30 seconds to allow to thicken, then remove from stove.
Drizzle over Chinese broccoli and serve. Best served warm.
INGREDIENTS 1 kg / 2 lb baby potatoes (Note 1) 2 tbsp salt (for water) 1 cup green onions , sliced 1/4 cup parsley , finely chopped Dressing: 5 tbsp / 75 ml extra virgin olive oil 1/4 cup / 65 ml lemon juice 1 tbsp lemon zest (1 large lemon) 1 garlic clove, large, minced 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1.5 tsp sugar 3/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper […]
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 100g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, cute into wedges
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 Fahrenheit / 200 Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan, breadcrumbs, paprika, black pepper and parsley. Spread the mixture onto a large, flat baking tray and leave to one side.
- In a small jug, mix together the lemon and olive oil, Take just under half of the olive oil mixture and rub over both sides of 1 tilapia fillet, then dip into the Parmesan mixture, covering the whole fillet. Then repeat the process with the second fillet, leaving a little leftover oil.
- Once both tilapia fillets have been covered, check for any spots where the crust may not be sticking and dab a little extra oil onto it, followed by a sprinkling of the Parmesan mix.
- Place both of the tilapia fillets in the oven and leave to cook for around 20 minutes. You will know the tilapia us done when the crust turns a golden brown colour and the tilapia fresh is white and flaky.
INGREDIENTS 2 tbsp sesame oil 1 thumb of ginger, finely chopped 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped 1/2 red chilli pepper, finely chopped 5 scallions, white finely chopped 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped 2 tbsp curry powder 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp chilli powder 1tbsp […]
INGREDIENTS 1 package Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices 1/4 cup Olive Oil 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed 1 Large Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin 1 Small Yellow Onion, sliced thin 1 package Frozen Broccoli, thawed 1/2 cup Chicken Broth (or water) 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce 2 cups Rice 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese INSTRUCTIONS Heat olive oil and crushed […]
- For the marinade::
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, to taste
- A few turns of fresh cracked pepper
- The veggies::
- 2 sweet bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 2 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 small onion (I prefer red, but anything works), sliced thin
- 1 lb. asparagus stalks, chopped into 3 inch stalks
- 4 ounces goat cheese or feta cheese (optional)
- 2 additional Tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction, if desired
- In a measuring cup, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes or place in the fridge and marinate several hours.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat. Spread the vegetables out over a vegetable basket, cast iron griddle, or heavy duty foil on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are starting to brown and caramelize on one side. Flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove from the grill. Drizzle with a few more Tablespoons of high quality balsamic and chunks of goat cheese.
INGEDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN 1 pound chicken tenders put on wooden skewers Salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste Oil for grilling Cilantro for garnish optional FOR THE SAUCE 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter I used all natural 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger minced 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar 1 garlic clove minced 1 tablespoon lime juice 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1/2 cup coconut milk […]