INGREDIENTS 4 slices bacon thick cut 2 tbsp butter salted 1 lb ground beef 80% 4 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature 2 tbsp tomato paste 1 tbsp mustard (yellow) (yellow) 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp smoked paprika 1/2-1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 2 cup beef broth or beef stock 6 oz cheddar cheese shredded 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream INSTRUCTIONS Chop bacon into small pieces. Heat dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pan over […]
INGREDIENTS 2 pkg. (16 oz. each) frozen peas, thawed and drained 1/2-1 cup diced Cheddar cheese 1/2-1 cup diced Mozzarella cheese 1 small red onion, chopped 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise Salt and pepper, to taste 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled INSTRUCTIONS In […]
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (60 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve or Erythritol (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice mix (you can make your own, see below)
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve or Erythritol (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces (29 g/ 1 oz) – or toasted coconut flakes for nut-free
DIY Gingerbread Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and grease a 20 x 10 x 5 cm (8.5″ x 4.5″ x 2.5″) loaf pan. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and the melted butter.
- Add in the Swerve, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add the gingerbread spice mix.
- Mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- In a small bowl beat the icing ingredients (except walnut pieces) together using a hand mixer.
- Top the loaf with the icing and sprinkle with walnuts before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
INGREDIENTS 1/3 cup Dijon mustard 1/4 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper 8 strips bacon uncooked, chopped 1 cup onion chopped 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 lb chicken breasts , boneless, skinless 1 1/2 cups chicken broth INSTRUCTIONS Combine Dijon mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl, to make a paste. Spread the paste evenly on both sides of chicken breasts. […]
INGREDIENTS 3 cups bread crumbs (not panko) 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 teaspoons table salt (not kosher) 2 teaspoons paprika 1 teaspoon celery salt 3/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 6 bone in 1/2″ thick pork chops INSTRUCTIONS Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large ziploc bag add the breadcrumbs, oil, salt, paprika, celery salt, black […]
- 5 poblano peppers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Roast poblano peppers until skin is charred and blistered. You can do this over the open flame on a gas stove, or by heating your broiler to high and placing poblanos within a few inches of the broiler (turning to get all sides charred).
- Place poblanos in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool, then rub skin to remove as much as possible. Cut out seeds and then place in a food processor or blender to finely chop. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and poblanos and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Add chicken pieces and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and two cups of the cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth.
- To serve, divide into 6 bowls and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Sit briefly under the broiler until cheese is melted and browned (this step is optional but OH SO GOOD!).
INGREDIENTS 1 English cucumber 1 shallot, minced (or substitute 1/4 cup minced purple onion) 2 green onions, finely sliced 1 red chili, fresh, de-seeded and minced fine (or 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper) 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped 1⁄3 cup ground dry roasted peanuts (or roughly chopped) 2 tablespoons fish sauce 1⁄2 lime, juice 1⁄2 teaspoon shrimp paste 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to […]
INGREDIENTS Dough 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour 2 tsp active dry yeast 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 tsp salt 2/3 cup milk , heated to 110 F 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 egg 1 egg beaten (for egg wash) Poppy Seed Filling 1 cup poppy seeds 1/3 cup boiling water 1/4 cup ground almonds 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla zest of 1/2 a lemon zest of 1/2 an orange INSTRUCTIONS […]
- 1 pound lean boneless pork chops, with fat removed
- 1/4 cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin oil olive, or enough oil to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- Put the flour, beaten egg with the water, and breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until it’s hot, then reduce the heat to medium-high.
- While the oil is heating, sprinkle the pork chops with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dip the seasoned pork in the flour, then the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumbs, coating evenly on both sides.
- Carefully place each pork chop in the hot oil. Cook and brown over medium-high heat about 3-5 minutes per side. When both sides are evenly browned, cut into the thickest parts to make sure each chop is cooked thoroughly. Serve immediately for a delicious crispy pork chop.
INGREDIENTS 1 chicken, about 3-4 pounds cut up into small pieces (or just chicken legs, chicken thighs, or even chicken breast) 2 rounded tablespoons Trinidadian curry powder 2 teaspoons turmeric powder 6-8 sprigs of cilantro 8 cloves garlic 2-3 scallions, or you can use half […]