AVOCADO BACON PASTA SALAD
Prep Time : 20 mins
FOR THE AVOCADO BUTTERMILK RANCH DRESSING:
- 2 Haas avocados
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
FOR THE PASTA SALAD:
- 1 pound Rotini pasta, cooked according to box directions, drained and cooled
- 1 lb bacon, cooked*
- 1 8oz block of sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes or variety-packaged tomatoes, halved or cut into fourths
- 1 Haas avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, to taste
- Smash the 2 avocados for the dressing in a big bowl or large container. Squeeze a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice on top.
- Add in the buttermilk, Greek yogurt or sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the garlic with a teaspoon of Kosher salt and smush it into a paste using the side of your knife. Add the garlic paste and the remaining ingredients and mix until well-combined and smooth. Add additional salt to taste. Set aside.
- Chop the remaining Haas avocado and squeeze a 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice over the flesh to keep it from browning.
- Combine the pasta, bacon, cheddar, red onion, tomatoes, and avocado in a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of the Avocado Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and mix to coat. Add more as the pasta soaks up the dressing, to taste.