BACON JALAPEÑO POPPER
CREAMED CORN GRATIN
- Prep Time: 45 mins Cook Time: 35 mins
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 large (40 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 large bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup French’s Crispy Jalapeños, or more, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet* over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl for later. Cook the chopped shallots in the rendered bacon grease until golden, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the frozen corn and cook until beginning to lightly brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Pour in the half-and-half and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the grits, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper into the skillet and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes. Mix in 1 cup of each the cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheeses, as well as half of the chives and all of the reserved bacon. Stir until the cheese melts and the ingredients are well-combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the panko, melted butter, half of the remaining chives, and the crispy jalapeños. Spread evenly over the creamed corn. Bake until the top is golden, about 35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional chives and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.