BAKED SALT + VINEGAR SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and pat dry
- 1/3 cup malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or other coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil. Coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes into round discs, either using a mandolin slicer or large, sharp knife. Place all of the potato discs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add malt vinegar, seal and shake to coat. Allow to rest at roomtemperature for 15 minutes.
- Discard liquid from bag. Arrange potato discs in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and coat with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip potato discs. Sprinkle with additional salt. Bake another 10-15 minutes, until chips are crispy. Remove from oven and place chips on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.