- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free as needed
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup almond milk or your favorite milk for a non-vegan version – you can add half milk and half Greek yogurt for creaminess as well
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 very ripe banana mashed or chopped for chunkier texture
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup honey or low carb liquid sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp walnuts chopped
- Add oats, milk, chia seeds,(and sweetener if desired) together in a mason jar, resealable container or a bowl. (If you like your oatmeal more creamier, you can add more milk and less if you like them on the chunkier side – you can also add an extra 2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy free if needed) to make them creamier).
- Add mashed banana, cinnamon and sweetener, if using.
- Shake jar or mix and combine with a spoon. Seal and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with more milk as desired and top with fresh banana slices and walnuts before serving, if desired.