- 3 lb chuck roast , fat trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 medium white onion , coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (add 1 Tablespoon of adobo sauce if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- Toppings: cilantro , queso fresca (or feta), chopped tomatoes, limes
- 8 Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff soft flour tortillas.
Place the chunks of roast in a 6-8 quart slow cooker.
Add all of the remaining ingredients minus the bay leaves to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour over meat and top with the bay leaves. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or until meat starts to fall apart.
Remove bay leaves and shred meat with two forks and then return to the juices in the slow cooker. Serve with a slotted spoon onto tortillas. Top with cilantro, queso fresca, tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime.