BERRY QUINOA AND KALE SALAD
- ½ cup red quinoa + 1 cup water
- 6-8 large leaves regular kale
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 lemon, optional
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- Store-bought Balsamic Salad Dressing (I like Marzetti’s for this recipe!)
Prep the quinoa and kale
- Combine the quinoa and water with a pinch of salt in a small pot. Follow package directions to cook the quinoa. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
- Remove the coarse stems and discard. Take the kale leaves and finely ribbon the kale to have very thin and small pieces of kale. Place in a colander and wash well.
- Place the coarse sea salt on top of the kale and a few squeezes of fresh lemon.
- Massage and rub the kale with your hands for 1-2 minutes or until tender and a deeper green color. Rinse again and dry. Toss the cooled quinoa with the dry massaged kale.
Prep the salad toppings
- Rinse and dry the fruit. Remove the stems of the strawberries and slice or chop. Add to kale + quinoa mixture. Add in the whole blackberries and raspberries. Slice the grapes in half and add those. Add in the dried blueberries and chopped pistachios. Crumble the feta cheese over it all.
- Gently toss together all the salad ingredients. Add the dressing, toss, and then add more dressing as needed. Enjoy immediately.