- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener , we use Lakanto
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- About 1/2 – 2/3 cups mix-ins: chocolate chips chopped chocolate, nuts, fresh or frozen fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone liners or parchment paper liners. If using liners, lightly grease them as well or the muffins will stick. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, oil, milk, vinegar and sweetener to the blender. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds, until combined. Add the almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Blend on high, scraping down as needed to combine the ingredients and until the mixture is smooth. Depending on your blender, this may take a few minutes. If your batter is overly thick, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to thin it out (different brands of almond meal can vary).
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in add-ins of your choice, keeping a few to sprinkle on top before baking.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups, top with more add-ins if desired and bake in preheated oven for 21 to 24 minutes, until just golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in muffin tin for 20 minutes. Muffins taste best the same day.