- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1t cinnamon
- 2 eggs (free range)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cream, heavy or whipping
- Put the blueberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon into a bowl and gently squash the fruit until the flesh of the berries are broken and the juice starts coming out. Cover and store in the fridge for at least 2 hours or over night.
- When you are ready to make the ice cream, remove the chilled fruit mix, and blend with a hand held blender until it is as smooth as it will go. You will find that not all the blueberry skin breaks down, and this is ok.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and cream and briefly beat.
- Stir in the fruit mix and process through an ice cream maker until ready according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Transfer it into a freezer proof container and freeze until it hardens a bit more and is ready to use.