BLUEBERRY PANCAKE BITES
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup or glaze (see recipe below for serving)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and mix together until blended.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin. Top with a few blueberries.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until tops are firm.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or drizzle with glaze.
- Mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk at a time in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over warm pancake bites and serve.