- 6 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 8 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 pound long pasta
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for topping
- freshly chopped parsley or scallions for topping
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of butter. Whisk constantly until butter has brown bits on the bottom, then immediately remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel then toss with salt, pepper and flour. Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on all sides, cooking for about 10-12 minutes total. Remove and set aside in a bowl. Turn heat down to low and add the last 2 tablespoons butter. Add the sliced mushrooms and shallots with a pinch of salt while stirring occasionally. Cook until softened – about 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Once the mushrooms and shallots are caramelized, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Increase the heat to medium and add wine. Let the wine bubble and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and pasta both to the skillet, tossing multiple times to coat. Turn off heat and stir in grated cheese. Drizzle brown butter (make sure you get the brown bits!) over top, tossing to coat a few more times. Serve with additional cheese and chopped parsley.