BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS RECIPE
- 1 pound of lean ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch dip seasoning or low-fat ranch
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (or chunks cheddar or mozzarella, see note)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (store-bought or click for recipe)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
With a fork, stir together chicken, garlic, ranch, egg, and bread crumbs until mixed. Using an ice cream scoop (or your hands), mold the mixture into meatballs.
Press a cube of blue cheese into the center of each meatball then fold the mixture around the cheese and press together. Roll into a ball so that the cheese is completely covered.
Place meatballs on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Place the meatballs in a slow cooker with the butter and buffalo wing sauce. Place on high for about 20 minutes until hot. Keep on warm while serving.
Makes about 16 meatballs. Enjoy!