Skip to Content
- 1(11 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough
- 24cocktail smoked sausage links (from 14-oz package)
- 3⁄4cup shoestring potatoes (from 1 3/4-oz can)
- ketchup (for decoration) orbarbecue sauce (for decoration) or mustard (for decoration)
- Heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing. Place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate “bugs” with dots or stripes of ketchup.