Buttered Red Potatoes with Dill
- 2 lb baby red potatoes, cut into 1″ pieces, quartered or into ⅛’ths if larger.
- 1 tsp salt for water
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Garlic salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ⅓ – ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Fill a medium pot with cut potatoes and add warm water until there is ½” of water above the top of the potatoes. Stir in 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring to a boil and cook red potatoes at a light boil for about 10-12 min in salted water or until you can smoothly pierce potatoes with a fork. Remove from heat and drain well.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsp butter. Transfer potatoes to the buttery skillet then sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Toss potatoes to coat them in butter and sprinkle again with garlic salt. Let potatoes sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes then turn them and let sit another 2-3 minutes.
- Once potatoes are starting to turn golden on the second side, turn them and sprinkle generously with fresh dill and top with shredded parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let the potatoes sit in the hot skillet to let the cheese melt a bit then serve.