- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 oz spicy andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (10 oz) packages) coleslaw
- 1 (14 oz) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart beef stock
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the oil and the onion. Cook until tender, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
Add the sausage. Cook until lightly browned, 3 minutes.
Add the garlic, coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Add the coleslaw, in batches if necessary. Stir-fry 5 minutes or until just tender.
Stir in the tomatoes, black pepper and beef stock. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.