- 1 (16.25 oz) box cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- rainbow sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Whisk together dry cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and water until combined.
- Pour batter into a large, gallon sized plastic bag and snip off small portion of one corner. Squeeze donut mix into prepared donut pan until cups are about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350° F for 12-14 minutes. Let donuts cool in pan for about 5-10 minutes then remove and let cool completely on wire rack.
For the Glaze:
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together butter, powdered sugar, and milk until just combined.
- Dip the cooled donut about 1/2 way into the glaze then lift and turn sideways to let extra run off. Place back on wire cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining donuts.
- Top with optional sprinkles and enjoy!