Cheeseburger Salad with Big Mac Dressing
- 2 tablespoons full-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons full-fat Greek yogurt -OR- sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef sirloin
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- dill pickle slices (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt (or sour cream), ketchup, water, vinegar, relish, onion, sugar, hot sauce, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until just beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally and using the spatula to crumble the meat. Add the garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds, until fragrant. The meat should no longer be pink; if it is, continue to cook until browned. Remove pan from heat and set aside while you assemble the salads.
- Divide the romaine, tomatoes, and cheese evenly among four large bowls or plates. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the salads. Drizzle each serving with 2 heaping tablespoons dressing. Serve immediately.