- 5tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3cup brown sugar, packed
- 1cup flour
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 1(8 ounce) packet cream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoons milk
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar and flour with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put 1 cup of the mixture aside for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into an 8x8x2 inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Thoroughly beat in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 16 squares; serve.