- ½ cup onion (white or yellow), diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken bullion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or canned sweet corn
- 2 cups milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup sour cream (I used fat free)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, water, and chicken bullion, and cauliflower to large pot and stir to combine. Simmer until carrots are tender. Add broccoli and corn and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl whisk together milk and flour until well mixed. Add to pot and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and paprika. Cook over medium heat, stirring throughout, until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Reduce heat back to a simmer. Add cheese and sour cream and stir until cheese is melted. Serve with additional cheese if desired.