- 2 cups Basmati rice uncooked
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 20 oz Enchilada sauce I used Old El Paso
- 16 oz refried beans I used Old El Paso
- 11 oz corn kernel drained (1 can)
- cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
Cook the rice. I cooked it with 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup of butter.
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Mix the 2 cheeses together.
In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans and half of the cheese. Add rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well. Pour rice mixture into a large casserole dish. Top with corn then with remainder of cheese.
Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.