- 4 med/large (2 lbs) chicken breasts,
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup (8 Tbsp) Pesto sauce (We love Costco’s pesto!)
- 8 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 2 oz for topping)
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatos, thinly sliced into 16 rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, optional
- Fresh basil leaves, shredded, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise so you have 8 thin chicken cutlets. Pound each cutlet in a quart sized ziploc bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap into ⅛” thick cutlets. Season both sides of chicken with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Spoon and spread 1 Tbsp pesto in the center of each cutlet, top with 2 thin tomato slices and sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp mozzarella cheese. Roll the chicken up tightly and seal ends with a toothpick.
- Preheat large oven-safe skillet over medium/high heat with 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add chicken roll-ups and sear on both sides until golden (4 min per side or 8 minutes total on the stove).
- Sprinkle tops with remaining cheese and 1 cup of cherry tomatoes. Place the skillet on the center rack of oven and bake 425˚F for 13-15 minutes (13 min for these these medium chicken breasts and 15 min for larger chicken breasts, or until internal temp of chicken reaches 160˚F on instant-read thermometer.