- 2 lbs chicken wings or drumsticks
- for the chimichurri sauce
- 1 bunch parsley or cilantro, thick parts of the stems removed
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- homemade ranch dressing
- Optional: hot sauce
- First, make the chimichurri sauce: combine the parsley, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor, until the parsley is completely chopped. Blend in the olive oil until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Reserve ¼ cup of the chimichurri and refrigerate this for later.
- Pat the chicken dry and place it in a large bowl. Pour the remaining chimichurri over the chicken, and mix it in with your hands.
- If you’re making this in advance and want to marinate the chicken, place it in a large sealable container or ziplock bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for an hour, or up to a whole day.
- Once you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375. Bake for 45 minutes for wings, or 50-55 minutes for drumsticks, until cooked through. Broil on high for a few minutes, to get some crispy skin!
- Serve hot. Top with the extra chimichurri sauce, ranch dressing and hot sauce, if you dare!