- 1 (5.3 oz or 150 g) package pure butter shortbread cookies, crushed
- 12 oz (340 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (21 g) cold butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 9 tablespoons (135 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 2 cups (250 g) finely chopped roasted, salted pecans
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt chocolate in microwave for 3 minutes on 50% power level, stopping to stir everything 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, pulse shortbread cookies until they turn into fine crumbs. Add melted chocolate and pulse until combined. Add heavy cream, bourbon and vanilla, and pulse until combined.
- Cover and chill 3 hours or until firm. (Mixture can be prepared and chilled up to 2 days ahead.)
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls (about 2 teaspoons per ball). Roll in chopped pecans. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Chill 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.