- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch collards, stems removed, leaves rolled tightly together and thinly sliced (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked field peas (see notes)
- For serving: Hot sauce
- Cook bacon in a large pan over medium heat until cooked through, turning occasionally, about 8-10 minutes. (You can prep your collards and other ingredients while the bacon cooks.)
- Remove bacon and reserve, leaving bacon grease in the pan.
- Add onion to the pan and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add collards and cook until wilted down, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked field peas to the pan and stir until well combined and heated through.
- Serve the greens and beans hot with reserved crumbled bacon and hot sauce on top, if using.