CREAM CHEESE LASAGNA
This Cream Cheese Lasagna is made with an easy homemade tomato sauce and loaded with cheese. Your family will want you to make this lasagna again and again!
Lasagna has been one of my favorite dinners ever since I was little. When Mom had lasagna cooking in the oven, and the amazing aroma spread through out the house, I was one excited girl for dinner.
I love to make lasagna for my family now, too. I have a few different recipes I make, but this Cream Cheese Lasagna is definitely the best.
The cream cheese takes this lasagna to new heights! I have never been a fan of ricotta cheese that’s in a lot of lasagnas, so the cream cheese replacement is just perfect to me. It adds such a rich creaminess!
Just a note- I always use lasagna noodles you have to cook first. I never use oven-ready. I feel the texture is off and sometimes they still seem hard. So that’s just my little tip when making lasagna.
If you have been looking for a super delicious and easy recipe for lasagna then look no further, my friends!
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat. Continue to cook and crumble beef until no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, paste, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil lasagna noodles in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water, then lay noodles out on a wax-paper lined baking sheet. (Don’t let noodles touch because they will stick.)
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay 3 noodles over sauce. Drop a third of the cream cheese, by teaspoonfuls, over the noodles. Sprinkle ½ cup Mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan cheese on top, then spoon a third of the sauce on top. Repeat layers two more times, ending with the last of the cheeses. (Sprinkle very top with dried Parsley, if desired.)
- Cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 45 minutes. Carefully remove foil (it will be hot!) then bake another 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!