Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound (455g) chicken (boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs), cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 (8 oz – 226g) package of whole mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion , minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (946ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
Clean and slice mushrooms. Set aside.
Heat a large pot over medium-high head and then add oil. Stir in onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
Add chicken and cook chicken for about 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and mushrooms. Stir and cook until mushrooms become soft.
Add chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Stir together with chicken and bring to boil, then immediately lower heat to a simmer.
Simmer soup for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the flavors are combined. Add additional salt to taste.