- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar (cuts the acidity of the tomatoes)
- Reynolds slow cooker liners
Place chicken in a 6-8 quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds slow cooker liner. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Pour crushed tomatoes on top. Cook for 3-4 hours on low or until chicken is done.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in the cream cheese. Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until cream cheese is combined. Stir in Parmesan, basil, and sugar.
Serve chicken over cooked pasta or rice.