- 1 pound ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion , diced
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 30 ounces Tomato sauce (crushed, diced or regular)
- 15 ounces canned Beans (black, pinto, cannellini, etc…), drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano leaves
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt , to taste
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- sour cream
- red onions
- green onions
Heat saucepan on medium/high heat. Add olive oil, then add ground beef. Break up beef into small chunks and cook until browned. Add onion and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until fragrant and soft.
Add tomato sauce, beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to a simmer, give it a good even stir and lower heat to continue simmering. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve with your favorite toppings.