DELICIOUS CORN CHOWDER RECIPE
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- ¾ cup whole milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Cheese, extra bacon, and green onions for serving as desired
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned.
- Add onion and celery, cooking and stirring until the onion starts to brown. Add garlic, salt, thyme and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, scraping the bottom of the pot to remove any browned bits.
- Add potatoes and corn. Stir, bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Combine milk and corn starch and gradually whisk into soup mixture, a little at a time, until thickened slightly.
- Serve as desired.