EASY BACON FRIED RICE
- 8 ounces of bacon, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- Add your chopped bacon to a medium sized skillet or work. Cook over medium high heat until it is crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the grease leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Next, add your chopped onion and frozen peas and carrots and sauté for 1-2 minutes until they are tender.
- Slide your veggies to one side and add the beaten egg to the other side. Scramble the egg until it is cooked through and combine it with the peas and carrots.
- Add cooked rice and bacon back to the skillet and combine. Add in sesame oil and soy sauce to taste. Let it heat through and garnish with chopped green onions.