Garlic Butter Shrimp with Asparagus
- 1.5 lbs (700g) medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1.5 (700g) asparagus (1 bunch) rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or any hot sauce you like)
- Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place a large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the asparagus and season to taste. Saute until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining tablespoon butter and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, cook 1-2 minutes on one side.
- Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and onion powder. Stir to combine and flip the shrimp to cook on the opposite side.
Cook for 1 minute then add 1/4 cup vegetable stock and Sriracha. Allow the sauce to reduce for 1 minute, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Push shrimp on the side and add asparagus back to the pan. Stir asparagus to coat them into the sauce and squeeze half of a lemon over the top of the shrimp and asparagus. Allow reheating for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat, garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and red crushed chili pepper if you like. Serve the shrimp and asparagus immediately, enjoy!