- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup finely chopped Diamond of California Pecans
- ¾ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Diamond of California Pecans, finely chopped (plus additional for topping)
- ½ cup packed sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, chopped pecans, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Roll dough into 1½ inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl stir together corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla, chopped pecans, and coconut flakes.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting on the top of each cookie. Drizzle melted chocolate over each cookie and top with a pecan. Store in airtight container at room temperature.