- 1⁄2cup butter
- 1cup icing sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, using electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and baking powder together and add slowly to the creamed mixture. (If added too quickly, it will fly about the kitchen.).
- Mix until well blended.
- Fill the greased muffin tins half full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (Test with a toothpick, after 15 minutes, even if the top looks shiny).
- Remove from the pan while still warm. (They will look like little cupcakes.But trust me they will taste just like little shortcakes).
- Serve topped with strawberries, and whipped cream.