GREEK AVOCADO SALAD WITH GARLIC-DILL VINAIGRETTE
GREEK AVOCADO SALAD WITH
FOR THE GREEK AVOCADO SALAD:
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 3 handfuls pita chips
- Fresh dill, to garnish
FOR THE GARLIC-DILL VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the avocado salad ingredients. Break up the pita chips slightly if they’re too large. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and half of the fresh dill. Process until well-combined. Keep the food processor running and slowly stream in the olive oil. Add in the remaining dill and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lightly drizzle the vinaigrette over the avocado salad to taste. Don’t use it all– the salad would become soggy– just enough to add some extra flavor and prevent the avocados from browning. Save the remaining vinaigrette in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Garnish with the salad with additional dill, if desired, and serve.