Grilled Turkey Caprese Salad (Gluten-Free)
- 1.5 lbs turkey fillets (mine were approximately 0.75 lbs each)
- 1.5 lbs Creamer potatoes or little potatoes, poked with fork repeatedly
- 1.5 lbs tomatoes, halved and cored
- 1 (200 g) container mini bocconcini cheese, drained and pat dry
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic glaze if desired
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ¼ tsp. dried basil, divided
- ½ tsp. dried thyme, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, garlic, 1 tsp. dried basil, ¼ tsp. dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Place turkey fillets into a large Ziploc bag or baking dish and cover with marinade. Place into refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight (if you are short on time, this marinade does well in under 1 hour!)
- Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, ¼ tsp. dried basil, ¼ tsp. dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Place tomatoes into a Ziploc bag or baking dish along with the semi-cooked potatoes and cover with marinade. Place into refrigerator to marinate.
- Preheat BBQ/grill to 450F.
- Place turkey, potatoes, and tomatoes directly onto the grill over the flames. Cover and grill for 4-5 minutes, flip the turkey, tomatoes, and potatoes. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165F, tomatoes are softened to your liking, and potatoes are crispy! You may have to rotate the potatoes more often than the other two ingredients since they are so small!
- Cover turkey with aluminum foil and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing into bite-size pieces. Chop tomatoes.
- Toss turkey, potatoes, tomatoes, and cheese together! Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves and balsamic glaze if desired!