- Salt and pepper
- Heat pan on medium-high, add oil and butter.
- When the fat is heated add minced onion, cook until soft, add shredded potato and salt and pepper, stir, and mix up.
- Then start pressing the mixture down and toward the center of the pan.
- Try to get it to congeal and keep pressing it down and cook for 10 to 12 minutes while occasionally lifting the mixture so it doesn’t stick.
- When I took the meat out I took the juices that had collected and poured them on top of the potato mixture and fried the top with the scalding oil — it was amazing.
- Cut into two or more pieces.