- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 f/160c
In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl combine the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, almond, eggs. Make sure your maple syrup and eggs are at room temperature. You can place the eggs in a bowl of warm tap water for a few minutes to help warm them up quickly. This will ensure that your muffin batter will be runny, and will easily mix and pour into the muffin cups. (Otherwise the coconut oil may harden and won’t mix evenly into the batter.)
Combine the liquid mixture with the dry ingredients.
Pour the batter into muffins tins and bake at 325f/160c for 20 – 25 minutes.
- coconut flour must be used in this recipe, subs wont work
- coconut oil must be melted or the batter will be dry