HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS
Prep Time: 25 mins / CooK Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup warm water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the warm water and oil.
- Stir together with a wooden spoon or your hands until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for 1-2 minutes. Reshape into a ball and divide into 16 equal portions.
- Shape each of those portions into a ball, and then cover with a kitchen towel. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Flatten each of the dough pieces out using the palm of your hand on a lightly floured surface. Roll out using a lightly floured rolling pin. Create tortillas that are about 6 inches in diameter (they don’t have to be perfect!)
- Cook one tortilla at a time, for about 1 minute on each side. The time will adjust depending on how hot your pan is, so your first tortillas will take longer than your last.
- Cover the cooked tortillas with a kitchen towel to keep warm until ready to serve!