- 1-2 pumpkins meant for baking
- Wash the pumpkin.
- Cut the stem off and then cut in half.
- Scoop out the insides.
- Cut pumpkin halves into quarters or thirds.
- Place in a slow cooker large enough to hold the pieces.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until the flesh of the pumpkin is tender.
- Scoop the flesh off the skin of the pumpkin and place in blender. (You may need to do this in batches)
- Blend pumpkin flesh until smooth.
- Pumpkin puree can be frozen in freezer bags or refrigerated for up to 1 week.