instant pot pasta e fagioli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced pancetta or bacon ¼-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced white onion ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup diced celery ¼-inch dice
- ½ cup diced carrots ¼-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 ounce canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup dried small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15- ounce canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 15- ounce red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Black pepper as needed for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Select “Saute” on the Instant Pot. Allow pot to heat, it will indicate “Hot” on the display when ready.
Add olive oil to the pot, once hot add garlic and onion, saute until fragrant, 1 minute.
Add celery and carrots, saute 1 minute.
Add tomato paste, saute 30 seconds.
Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, pasta, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, rosemary, and salt.
Make sure that the release valve is in the “Sealing” position.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn and lock the lid.
Press “Manual” button on the Instant Pot on high pressure, and then set the timer to 3 minutes using the “+” or “-” buttons.
It will take about 15 minutes for the pot to heat up and build up the pressure. You will see some steam release from the lid, and then the time will start on the display.
Once cook time is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
Use an oven mitt or towel to slowly and carefully twist the steam release handle on the lid to “Venting” position. The initial release will spray some moisture around the pot so be careful.
Add the cannellini and red kidney beans, stir to combine and allow to warm for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Taste soup and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Garnish soup with parsley and parmesan cheese.