- 1.5 teaspoons avocado oil
- 3 green onions sliced, green & white parts divided
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger , freshly grated or minced
- 1 lb ground turkey , or ground pork, chicken or beef
- salt and black pepper , to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos , if not Whole30 can also use tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce , can use 1/2 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Mushroom Umami Seasoning instead
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar , or rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage , or one 10 oz tri-color coleslaw mix or Broccoli Slaw)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage , leave out if using coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup grated carrots , (leave out if using coleslaw mix
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Your favorite compliant chili sauce , sriracha, Gochujang, etc.
- Heat avocado oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the white parts of the green onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.Next, add the ground turkey, while breaking it up and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the shredded cabbage (or coleslaw mix) followed by the carrots, coconut aminos, fish sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and season with salt and black pepper as needed. Toss until the vegetables are tender-crisp (about 3 minutes). Taste and add additional coconut aminos, salt, black pepper as needed.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with chili sauce, along with any of your favorite sides.