- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can t omato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups (32 ounces) low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles , broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces (about 6-8 ounces; see Note)
- 8 ounces (1 cup) BelGioioso ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, brown beef and onion over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 30-60 seconds. Drain.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, and Italian seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil and stir in lasagna pieces. Reduce heat slightly and cook for about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Cheese Topping: In a small bowl, mixture together the ricotta, Parmesan, and salt.
To serve, spoon soup in a bowl and top with a dollop of the cheese mixture. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil if desired. To eat, stir in cheese mixtures and enjoy!