- 8 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- about 12 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (I used fat free half and half, but use whatever you prefer)
- salt + pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan
- Spray a large pan or non stick skillet with cooking spray. Add artichoke hearts, lemon juice, and lemon zest and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and cook another 2-4 minutes until tender, stirring throughout. Remove artichokes and asparagus with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to pan and stir for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add flour and stir until mixture forms a ball or clump. Slowly whisk in milk until mixture is smooth.
- Add pasta and stir to coat. Stir in artichokes and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parmesan cheese.