- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- handful of cheese (I used an asiago, parmesan & romano blend)
- seasoned salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon pepper
- Clean the brussels sprouts by rinsing them, trimming off the ends and peeling off the outer layers.
- Cut each one in half.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the brussels sprouts to the pan and saute for 7-8 minutes on each side. You want them to start to brown and get soft.
- Halfway through the sauteing, add the minced garlic.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
- Cover the pan, and let steam for a few minutes to let the sprouts get soft.
- Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn and/or get to soft. Stir to distribute all the flavors.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese and serve.